I needed to start the gusset earlier than the pattern indicated (I didn’t).
Because the gussets are made with short rows, I needed to separate my socks much earlier than I usually do. The gussets are good but somehow for the first sock I managed to skip the section about which short row method was being used, so my stitch counts were off (I managed to fudge that pretty well anyway).
Somehow even though I did the correct short row method for the second sock, BOTH socks were off somehow, and not in the same direction – so neither sock’s decrease columns are exactly in the center.
I’m sure the pattern is fine, but for me this was too much futzing around for a heel that doesn’t fit me significantly better than the Fish Lips Kiss heel.
While I’m bitching about this project, this is what the yarn looked like in the skein: