Here is my finished Meraki tank. I used the recommended yarn (Plymouth Nettle Grove in Gray Pearl). I probably could have done another repeat of the lace before joining the front and back but it’s fine. I swapped the lace mesh in the pattern for the English Mesh Lace pattern from page 193 of the first Barbara Walker stitch treasury. Other than that, I didn’t make any modifications other than I didn’t use a contrast color (which would have been just the lace bit). There will be a button joining the two pokey-outy bits at the neckline, but I haven’t picked one out (and so I also haven’t made the loop it will go in).
Yay, it’s my third Rikke hat! This one is knit in Hedgehog Fibres Merino DK, in the Hula Hoop colorway. It’s MUCH brighter in person than it is in photos. I bought this yarn at West 7th Wool in Fort Worth, and for once I had this pattern in mind when I picked it out, and I wound it up and cast on within a week. I didn’t cheat with this one with any sneaky wrap and turn business – I actually knit one round, purled the next.
Guess who uploaded photos but forgot to write a post again?
This is Palette, one of two projects for which I went out and bought the recommended yarn, in the recommended colorways, because I wanted the exact item in the pattern photos. (The other one was the Inara Wrap – sense a trend?)
Anyway, I used Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted, in Dorian Gray (I might have bought an extra SQ in DK of this color) and Jolene mini skeins.
I sort of made some modifications due to my gauge. I can usually get either stitch gauge or row gauge, but generally not both, and this was no exception. Usually it’s not a problem, because most patterns have instructions like “knit four inches and begin waist shaping” but this pattern includes specific row numbers. So I had to skip a few of the plain rows before starting the color blocks, because the color blocks all had to be the same number of rows. As usual I didn’t bother with buttonholes.
I also tried something for this project I haven’t used before: the Coco Knits Leather Cord and Needle Stitch Holder Kit. I usually use spare interchangeable cables and stoppers instead of waste yarn, because waste yarn gets compressed and sometimes it’s hard to dig out the held stitches. Spare cables get on my nerves sometimes, because they flop around and if I’m sitting at a desk or table the stoppers clang on the desktop and it annoys me. The good: This was super easy to use, and I loved that the cords held the stitches without letting them get sucked back down into the row below them. And no floppy cable stoppers knocking into everything. The bad: the leather cord itself wasn’t exactly smooth. I had to work to get my stitches on the cord, and then I had to struggle to get them back onto my needles. It definitely fuzzed up my yarn, but it’s not really visible in the finished project. I read at least one review that says you can sub nylon cord (I guess like really fat fishing line?) so I’m definitely going to try that next time.
I remembered to come write this entry, and it’s still technically Wednesday!
This is Whisper Gallery. I knit this in The Gossamer Web’s Love Potion #3 in Daiquiri. Ravelry classifies this as “thread” and it was definitely intimidating at the beginning. I had a heck of a time blocking this (it doesn’t easily go into a specific shape) and I still wish it was not as shallow. But overall, I love this shawl and at some point when I work up the nerve I am going to try the wedding ring trick.
Here’s my finished Pavement sweater. Yarn is Madelinetosh Dandelion in “Esoteric”. I didn’t alternate skeins at all, and for once it didn’t bite me in the ass. I made no mods at all to the pattern. I do wish the neck was a little lower though – maybe if I make another one I’ll modify it that way.
I’m about 90% positive I won’t have an FO next week. If this is the case I’ll do another WIP post, I guess.
Hey, look! It’s socks that aren’t plain vanilla! These are, of course Hermione’s Everyday Socks. I used Apple Tree Knits Socklove in the Seaside Heights colorway. I didn’t bother to knit the heels in a contrast color or the other end of the ball or anything. I think it’s a little bit noticeable but the gradient is so long I’m probably the only one who can see it immediately. As usual, I knit these toe-up so I could use as much of the yarn as possible.
Here’s my finished Starting Point wrap! Mine ended up much longer than the pattern (about 104 inches long!) but still about 26 inches wide. This used up a ton of deep stash yarn, which I’m pretty happy about. These colors aren’t my usual thing so this will probably go to my mom (especially since she won’t even notice the place I forgot to knit a garter ridge on both sides of the wrap!). I used all Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, in colors: Gossamer (pale grey), Composition Book Grey (dark grey), Lai (pink), Iris (dark purple), and Magenta (lighter purple).
I’m not gonna lie, this was a LOT of knitting. I might make another one of these for me, but if I do it won’t be for a LONG time.